Nerjis Asif Shakir

Nerjis Asif Shakir
Click This Image See Her Latest Picture At Flickr

Nerjis Asif Street Photographer

Nerjis Asif Street Photographer
Bollywoods Most Wanted Photographer

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Nerjis Asif Shakir And Maria The Leper Lady of Boran Road

I am keeping my GSB Seva Mandal Visarjan photos on hold to take you back to my street world , my world of unending pain remorse despair and there is hope as a 14 month old aspiring street photographer Nerjis Asif Shakir my grand daughter sees my world and shoots it too..

I told Maria who has sockets for eyes and who cant see anything perhaps only darkness that my grand daughter has come to meet her .

And Nerjis meets her first time their first meeting in soundless silence she gives money to Maria that I place in Marias tin beggar bowl there is another tin within the tin which she turns over , so that drug addicts who slyly put in coins and remove the notes from her top tin..when nobody is around ..she also ties the tin to the stump of her leg as they are capable of running away with it ..

Marias daughter Mary is a leper too, and sits at the other end of Bazar road close to Badri Bohra mosque .. Marys two kids are normal a boy and a girl both studying in a boarding school in Bangalore .

And Mary of late has become cordial towards me earlier she detested me thinking that I sold her mothers pictures , I explained to her my profession, told her that I was writing their stoy as a picture story telller and now she understands me better .


I gave Maria some old clothes , I give her money too..